To introduce the students to selected topics of the history and culture of ancient Greece.
- Introduction: conceptual investigation
- Greeks and Barbarians: Athenian identity and Empire
- Drama and Democracy
- The power of language in ancient Greece
- Spartan and Athenian Constitutions
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online presentation. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- People interested in acquiring a solid foundation in Classical Culture
- Undergraduate students in Classics, Literature, Philology, Philosophy, Humanities and Arts
- Secondary education teachers in Humanities
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: October 4, 2022